Monday, January 3, 2011

One cannot go wrong with a Harry Potter reference

It's January 3rd and I still haven't posted anything about my 2011 goals. Hard to believe considering they were selected, chiseled in stone and sung by a fat lady about a month ago. So what's the hold up? My stupid ass knee. That's what.

Up until my last run I was under the delusion that a month of light running and yoga would be remedy enough. But it wasn't. So I'm rewriting my goals before I fail.

Giving up before I even started is a bummer. But that's life, right? Nothing, especially a training plan, goes as planned. What's worse is the panic that seems to have taken hold of me. Maybe there's a vagabond dementor camped out on my couch that my muggle eyes can't see. Or maybe my company's safety slogan has finally sunk in: "What's the worst that could happen?"

Because all I can seem to think is:

WHAT IF I NEVER RUN AGAIN?

Pretty please - with sugar and a cherry on top - tell me I'm being ridiculous.

4 comments:

  1. you are being rediculous...plus the fact that you are so worried means that you actually like it! of course you will run again, because you are now, by definition, a "runner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since we're going with the HP theme here, I'll say, "Riddikulus!" You will be fine.
    Have you seen a Sports Medicine doctor? Or a PT? They can work magic. *groan* Siriusly, though, don't give up before you start. You have great things in store this year, I know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I know this feeling! But I was being ridiculous and so are you! If you can break it, you can fix it! It just might need a little more time than you would like...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you're being ridiculous-- it's never fair when people who love running can't do it and people like me with perfectly fine knees avoid it at all costs. Also, I would second the recommendation to see a Sports Medicine or PT person. There's a reason that that stuff is it's own speciality.

    ReplyDelete