Thursday, September 2, 2010

Oh how I ache...

...let me count the ways.

One - My right hip flared up again. Argh! It was feeling a little sore before yoga on Tuesday, but I somehow managed to skirt through class without any further damage. Unfortunately, Wednesday's class wasn't as successful. I decided to skip my 2 mile run today in an effort to recover, and I'm okay with that.

But here's the thing. I'm going out of town for the weekend and have been feeling a bit stressed about some work, laundry etc. that needs to get done before that. I came home this afternoon, started whining to Jason about my To Do list, injuries, some other silly miscellenous mumbo jumbo and ended up in tears. Jason promptly addressed the water works by telling* me I wasn't allowed to run the scheduled 5 miles (or any for that matter) tomorrow morning if my hip hurts at all. Which it will. So looks like I will get NO running in this weekend. And this bums me out BIG TIME. I plan on taking my gear with me but doubt I will have time to get out and about.

*I do make my own decisions. In this instance, however, I must admit that Jason is right. Mom too...hate it when that happens.

Two - I woke up this morning with a sharp pain on the right side of my chest. I haven't experienced this before and have no idea what it is. I do, however, find the fact that's it's only on my right side rather curious. Perhaps I strained it while compensating for Ache #1? We use our muscles in such surprising ways sometimes. For example - what activity do you suppose aggravates my hip the most? Wrong. It's sneezing.

Three - I just hit my knee with my laptop. Hard. Can a girl catch a break??

Time to relax with a raspberry lemon drop and my Google reader.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry things are rough! Hope your hip feels better. And who knows. This week of rest may do some good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sneezing uses the CRAZIEST muscles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get that ache in my chest sometimes too -- unnerving isn't it? But then again, I also freak out when I get a run of the mill headache. There's something about pain in my HEAD that just doesnt' seem right at all. lol. :)

    ReplyDelete