Saturday, August 7, 2010

Why runners hold the key to...

The sun was mighty powerful during my run today. (Don't worry, I remembered to wear sunscreen.) So powerful, in fact, that I lost Jason about halfway through the run. Boyz N Tha Hood by Eazy-E had enabled me to settle into a rhythm. I was reminding myself to, "Just put one foot in front of the other," when I realized Jason was about 100 feet behind me - walking.

So I did what every loving, supportive wife would do. I let him have some alone time and finished my run. When I got home the front door was locked. No problem. I found a cozy patch of grass in the front yard and waited for Jason and the key on his shoelace. And I waited. After awhile I thought maybe Jason had arrived home before me and decided to lock the door for some reason. So I tried the door again, rang the doorbell, peered through the window. Nothing. I had another seat in the front yard and waited some more. And more.

That's when I started to get worried. Did Jason get lost? Did he pass out in a rose bush? Get hit by a bicycle? I started back tracking, and he was still nowhere to be found. Perhaps he melted away in the summer heat? Just when I started feeling guilty for leaving him behind, the front door opened and I heard Jason calling my name.

He had arrived home before me, locked the door and, in typical fashion, collapsed in the backyard. Come on!

Aside from getting locked out of the house, the run was a success. A hot and hilly 3.17 mile run at a 9:22 min/mile pace.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my blog!! I love yours {you are fast!!}, and I look forward to getting to know you better! I'm going to add you to my blog roll and google reader. I hope you don't mind! :)

    ReplyDelete